Summertime means enjoying the outdoors as much as possible but relaxing in the cool indoors when temperatures climb. Surrounded by clear air that appears clean and fresh, is changing your HVAC filter that important during the summer months?
It is important to remember to change your HVAC filter regularly in every season. Your HVAC system works hard to keep your home cool and comfortable during the hot summer months, and a dirty filter can hinder its ability to do so effectively.
How Does a Fresh HVAC Filter Make a Difference in My Home?
Here are some reasons changing your HVAC filter is so important during the summer.
- Improved Air Quality: A dirty HVAC filter can trap dust, pollen and other airborne particles, reducing the overall air quality in your home. This can be especially problematic during the summer when allergens peak. Changing your filter regularly can help improve the air quality in your home, making it a healthier and more comfortable place.
- Increased Energy Efficiency: A dirty filter can also reduce the efficiency of your HVAC system, causing it to work harder and use more energy to cool your home. This can lead to higher energy bills and unnecessary strain on your system. By changing your filter regularly, you can help your HVAC system run more efficiently, saving you money on your energy bills and prolonging the life of your system.
- Preventive Maintenance: Regularly changing your HVAC filter is integral to preventive maintenance. Keeping your system clean and well-maintained can reduce the risk of breakdowns and costly repairs. This can save you time, money and stress in the long run.
How Often Should I Change My HVAC Filter?
How often should you change your HVAC filter during the summer? The heating and air professionals at ClimateSmith, LLC recommend changing your filter every 1-3 months, depending on your filter type and how often you use your system. If you have pets or allergies or live in a particularly dusty or polluted area, you may need to change your filter more frequently, like every month.
In addition to changing your filter, there are other steps you can take to maintain your HVAC system during the summer months. These include:
- Keeping your outdoor unit clear of debris and vegetation
- Checking your ductwork for leaks or damage
- Scheduling regular maintenance with a professional HVAC technician
Taking these steps helps ensure your HVAC system keeps running smoothly and efficiently throughout the summer, keeping your home cool and comfortable.
Changing your HVAC filter regularly is an essential part of summer maintenance for your home. Changing your filter can save you time, money and stress by improving air quality, increasing energy efficiency and preventing costly repairs. Add “change HVAC filter” to your summer to-do list and enjoy a cool and comfortable home all season long.
Contact ClimateSmith, LLC for licensed, professional HVAC services throughout Alpharetta, Fulton County, Forsyth County, Gwinnett County, Georgia, and the surrounding areas.